DK1 Computer Assistant
J.M. Joensuu
2005-03-10 17:45:54 UTC
Hello!

I haven't posted much to this group, and with the individual.net
business might not post another message. I have followed discussion here
for sime time, and whipped out my old copy of DK1.

Recently I realized just why I had a library at a strange place, and why
I had a workshop next to my Tresure Room. I instantly turned to computer
assistant to Move Only. However, I realize that it could make the
gameplay much faster, if it e.g. continued to fill the empty room that
had one Library tile to a full Library, or chose the fastest way to
reach that gold I had marked to be digged.

What preferences do people have about the Computer Assistant?

Thanks,
Janne Joensuu,
Endoperez
jerk-o
2005-03-11 00:54:59 UTC
After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
Post by J.M. Joensuu
Hello!
I haven't posted much to this group, and with the individual.net
business might not post another message. I have followed discussion here
for sime time, and whipped out my old copy of DK1.
Recently I realized just why I had a library at a strange place, and why
I had a workshop next to my Tresure Room. I instantly turned to computer
assistant to Move Only. However, I realize that it could make the
gameplay much faster, if it e.g. continued to fill the empty room that
had one Library tile to a full Library, or chose the fastest way to
reach that gold I had marked to be digged.
What preferences do people have about the Computer Assistant?
I like the move only assistant because it's easier for me to attack enemies in
my dungeon, it keeps the imps working, and doesn't build rooms all over the
place while I'm trying to train creatures.
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
-My theme song
kontrare
2005-03-11 06:35:53 UTC
J.M. Joensuu
2005-03-11 09:37:47 UTC
Post by kontrare
hello keeper
the brain-dead assistant couldnt manage an empty level let
alone anything else. its one of the few gripes i have about the game.
i wouldnt have minded if they had buried its control well out of it, too
many times ive accidently hit that button and it causes mayhem, spraying
out imps and marking half the level, why couldnt the default setting have
been minimum.
for a laugh, try giving it control on level 20 from the start and watch
it punch straight out into those tentacles and die real quick :^)
can you please explain this individual.net biz.
I will try that, if and when I get to level 20!

Well, it is Invidual.net, and it used to be free. Unfortunately, they
are going commercial from the beginning of April. I haven't got other
free newsservers working properly, cannot post with old Google Groups
and don't like the new one.

Is there an easy way to attack with your cretures? I tried using the
Call to Arms, but it drains money fast. I tried to build Barracks close
to the enemy, but when I drop my creatures there they start walking to
my side to get something to eat, or their money, while there is free
gold lying around where they are and I'm dropping enough chickens on
them to feed a small army. Should I put them in my main barracks, and
try to lead them through the level to the other side? The biggest gripe
I have is that I already have my best creatures destroying enemy
keeper's Dungeon Heart, but I can't get any reinforcements to actually
go there and fight.

And is there any good way to keep imps out of battle?

Janne Joensuu,
Endoperez
kontrare
2005-03-13 22:24:20 UTC
Post by J.M. Joensuu
I will try that, if and when I get to level 20!
you'll get there - but it does take time :-)
Post by J.M. Joensuu
Well, it is Invidual.net, and it used to be free. Unfortunately, they
are going commercial from the beginning of April. I haven't got other
free newsservers working properly, cannot post with old Google Groups
and don't like the new one.
sorry to hear about that but cant say i'm surprised as everyone seems
to be on the make now :(
Post by J.M. Joensuu
Is there an easy way to attack with your cretures? I tried using the
Call to Arms, but it drains money fast. I tried to build Barracks close
to the enemy, but when I drop my creatures there they start walking to
my side to get something to eat, or their money, while there is free
gold lying around where they are and I'm dropping enough chickens on
them to feed a small army. Should I put them in my main barracks, and
try to lead them through the level to the other side? The biggest gripe
I have is that I already have my best creatures destroying enemy
keeper's Dungeon Heart, but I can't get any reinforcements to actually
go there and fight.
if your going to use the barracks i would suggest this:
1) wait till payday has just gone
2) grab a handfull of creatures and drop them into the hatchery then
repeat this 2 or 3 times
3) drop them in the barracks
4) possess the fastest creature ie. misstress then off to a fight but
look at the radar window and notice that the slow creatures are right
with you (bug??)
5) when you get to the fight just un-possess and cast call-to-arms to
keep them there, now you can pull them out when their health gets too
low.
call-to-arms does cost gold in territory thats not yours but understand
that cost is related to strength so keep the strength to say 2 which is
pretty cheap (the stupid AI casts at 9 always, bankrupting itself :)
Post by J.M. Joensuu
And is there any good way to keep imps out of battle?
lock them up somewhere safe or if you have a temple sacrifice a bunch
of them so they become dirt cheap and it wont matter - a good trick is
setting up a ball trap in a corner, slap it and drop imps under it for
vampires - you even get to sell the trap outline after for 1000 gold
and its quicker than slapping imps/trash creatures to death
(what - cruel and heartless me?)
Post by J.M. Joensuu
Janne Joensuu,
Endoperez